• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Skyway's Garmin 2730 GXM 30 Mount

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: wrong quote deleted.
cornbe:

It appears to be a Tech Mount, they have them at CycleGadgets (no affiliation) Clicky

I think it's model # HG-10998
Excellent. thanks for the info. My "stuff to order next payday" list is growing. I hacked a bunch of loaned-to-me stuff onto the bike (GPS mount, Chatterbox Mount) for a trip last weekend, and while it all worked out perfectly, it made me realize the differences between mounting stuff on a sport-oriented bike vs. a cruiser - big time. The cruiser has yards and yards of real-estate on the 1" bars on which to clamp mounts and hangers.

That stem mount will be a life safer.

Thanks!

Edit: I think I'll hold out for one of those CatEye shelves. Very nice set up.

thanks again for the info, tho'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys. I ordered a Touratech mnt. from Aerostitch. Now, if Skyway would surface (hopefully he's out riding and enjoying himself) and has more of his antenna mnts., I'd get one on it's way. As it is, I'll have enough parts and pieces to do the majority of the install this Labor Day weekend. Guess I'll velcro the antenna on top of the brake res. for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyway, there is a check in the mail for one of your 2730 GXM mounts. Hope you have one in stock. :unsure:

...Now, if Skyway would surface (hopefully he's out riding and enjoying himself)...
at wfo i overheard skyway say a family member had been in and out of the hospital the week prior to wfo... if any board members are in his region, bet he could use some support...

dana

...Now, if Skyway would surface (hopefully he's out riding and enjoying himself)...
at wfo i overheard skyway say a family member had been in and out of the hospital the week prior to wfo... if any board members are in his region, bet he could use some support...

dana
Thanks for the info. Dana. Best wishes to Skyway and his family.......... :(

dana
Thanks for the info. Dana. Best wishes to Skyway and his family.......... :(
Bump!

Instead it will be supplied with socket cap head screws and thumb screws, with anti-vibration washers. The thumb screws will be red in color, in order to aid the poor soul who may drop one. Extras of all fasteners will be supplied just in case.
Got mine in the mail, thanks! I'm not sure that I'm figuring out the red plastic things, which I assume are the thumb screws. Do they fit OVER the socket cap head screws? If so, how much force does that take? I'm looking at them now, and I'm sure not clear... :blink: :rolleyes:

Instead it will be supplied with socket cap head screws and thumb screws, with anti-vibration washers. The thumb screws will be red in color, in order to aid the poor soul who may drop one. Extras of all fasteners will be supplied just in case.
Got mine in the mail, thanks! I'm not sure that I'm figuring out the red plastic things, which I assume are the thumb screws. Do they fit OVER the socket cap head screws? If so, how much force does that take? I'm looking at them now, and I'm sure not clear... :blink: :rolleyes:
Those little red caps SUCK to get on.

I think I ended up warming mine up in the oven to try and soften them, and even then, it was a PITA.

Maybe some KY...

J

I think I ended up warming mine up in the oven to try and soften them, and even then, it was a PITA.

Maybe some KY...

J
Thank MM2 for this first invaluable tip when you see him next.

Place the red cap on a flat surface.

Place screw in close proximity to center of cap.

Take a small extension socket that will fit over threads, but not be any bigger than the head of the SS screw.

Gently tap on socket and the little buggers just go together easily.

OR....

Place both parts opposite each other in a small vice and gently tighten.

They are meant to be tight for good reason, so that they don't fall off or slip when tightening.

Maybe some KY...

J
Thank MM2 for this first invaluable tip when you see him next.

Place the red cap on a flat surface.

Place screw in close proximity to center of cap.

Take a small extension socket that will fit over threads, but not be any bigger than the head of the SS screw.

Gently tap on socket and the little buggers just go together easily.

OR....

Place both parts opposite each other in a small vice and gently tighten.

They are meant to be tight for good reason, so that they don't fall off or slip when tightening.
Allrighty then. I could just see myself forcing them on then having y'all fall over laughing, saying, "You WHAT?!?" :yahoo:

Hey folks, as of 07/14/2007, I have a website for taking all orders for the various farkles I make. I am no longer taking orders by email, or via threads on the forum. Nor am I accepting Paypal any longer. All communication to me regarding orders should be made via the website.

You can purchase my farkles with a variety of payment options here: www.skywaymoto.com The website will make the ordering process much easier for everybody involved and will provide much better service to my customers by giving automatic email verification of orders, and tracking information.

Also, you will be able to see on the website if a certain item is in stock or not. I am going to have admin close these threads, so there is no confusion on how to contact me, or order farkles.

I appreciate all your support, and strive to provide the best possible service and farkles.

Status
Not open for further replies.