• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro Air Induction Cover Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PayPal sent... Thanks Dave!

smile.png

To be honest, this is not a hard task at all. It is simply time consuming due to the placement of the allen heads.
That's why you combine it with a valve check. Easy peasy with the cover off.
biggrin.png

Received the cover plates at noon today, zero issues and they were installed on my '13 and I was enjoying an adult beverage before 3pm...
smile.png

Dave, thanks for such beautifully machined plates and making them available to the FJR community, they are works of art, too bad they're hidden under the tank!

Thanks again!

PayPal sent. Just installed PCV and used some rubber caps for the air induction. These plates look much cleaner and will last much longer! Thanks Dave.

Sent payment for Pair plates and Ram Bone on Friday evening and today i was surprised that they arrived

They look great , thank you Dave

So I have a potentially dumb question. Does the FJR crankcase have a breather, other than this particular breather system that I'm about to remove? The only reason I ask, is that every engine I've ever seen has some type of crankcase breather, due to internal pressure changes, such as blow-by.

The PAIR system is not a crankcase breather at all. It is just a means to introduce (clean, filtered) air into the exhaust stream to allow the fuel emissions in that exhaust stream to burn up more completely in the cats, to reduce exhaust emmissions. That's all it does.

There is an actual crankcase vent, and it runs up into the "clean" side of the air box (on the engine side of the air filter), where the vapors are supposed to be ingested and subsequently burn up along with the incoming air and fuel injection charge. Sounds like a great plan, but the only little problem with that scheme is that these oil and blow by vapors also deposit a bunch of grungy spooge onto the throttle plates over a long period of time.

This is nothing for you to worry about, as it doesn't become a problem for hundreds of thousands of mies. But it is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.