2014 Appalachian Campout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made it home in time to catch monsoon like weather on I 65 for the last 30 miles. Had a great time. Thanks folks.

There was a Turvy there??? Which person is Turvy?

Ohhhh, I didnt know. I did wave @ him as he was leaving the campground.

Kim and just made it home a little bit ago. Was great to finally get to put some names and faces together. Was even thankful Heidi took it easy on us as one set of the CPs (was glad to see you made it home OK Heidi).

Yes, I arrived on Thursday and set up camp further down in a place where I thought that I might not get as wet. When I woke up on Friday, Burnspot had set up in the area that everyone else eventually settled in. I was out riding on Friday when the rest of the crew arrived.

Kim and just made it home a little bit ago. Was great to finally get to put some names and faces together. Was even thankful Heidi took it easy on us as one set of the CPs (was glad to see you made it home OK Heidi).
It was nice meeting you both. My wife and I also just made it home at 5:05 tonight, just beating a storm that arrived about 30 minutes later. We took the scenic route from NC to Corbin , KY yesterday then from KY to Indy today. We actually found some nice sweeper roads this morning that made our ride more fun than we expected! BTW, my rear tire now has 7,750 miles on it and near the wear bars...looks like I'll be swapping out soon.

Hope to see some familiar faces in September at NAFO and/or EOM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got home last night around 9. Slabbed home after a failed attempt to get to the Snake via a wet and fogged BRP.

Here's the few pictures I took( have to work on that):

The story telling begins

BRP

OneSac in front at the Snake

No comment necessary

Another great event. Thank you Bob!

Glad to see that you made it home safely. Wish I could've stayed an extra day. It was nice to meet Kim, also. See, I really don't care that you're a cabin pussy! Shhhhhh.... don't tell next year's participants or Biker Will.... definitely not to be confused with someone named Camper Will.

Yes, I arrived on Thursday and set up camp further down in a place where I thought that I might not get as wet. When I woke up on Friday, Burnspot had set up in the area that everyone else eventually settled in. I was out riding on Friday when the rest of the crew arrived.
Gotcha... it was certainly nice to meet you. Sorry that we didn't get to speak more. Maybe next time. & aren't you relieved... it didn't rain there. YAY!

Latest posts