2014 Appalachian Campout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I make it, I'm sure I'll be looking into the cabin. I will gladly put up with all you macho dudes questioning my manhood in exchange for a nice dry cabin and a real bed.

Actually the real reason for not camping is trying to pack all that crap on the new scoot. I guess it would help if I didn't use a 6-person tent made in the 50's, and a huge air mattress that is inflates itself, etc, etc.
rolleyes.gif

Well, right now the consensus is BRMP.
Is that the same as BRMC?
Yeah, yeah, yeah. You know what I meant.
It's hard to fathom the depths of your wisdom...who knows.

I may have known what you meant, but not everybody on the board that may be unfamiliar with that spot may know. Just trying to help you get that camping party started!!

:D

If I make it, I'm sure I'll be looking into the cabin. I will gladly put up with all you macho dudes questioning my manhood in exchange for a nice dry cabin and a real bed.
Actually the real reason for not camping is trying to pack all that crap on the new scoot. I guess it would help if I didn't use a 6-person tent made in the 50's, and a huge air mattress that is inflates itself, etc, etc.
rolleyes.gif
So that's an inflatable woman mattress?

Last edited by a moderator:
Make that macho chicks, too... I'll be camping just like the guys. I love showing up a large macho man... without a doubt. Count on me to point & laugh @ the cabin puss... or maybe you should invest in some new camp gear & avoid the pointing & laughing part.

rolleyes.gif
That's why I got a trailer. You did see my bike all packed up at the last BRMC campout didn't you? If I had lowsided Janet never would have hit the ground! As far as tent goes, I spent the cash for a Redverz. Best tent I have ever owned. The wet weekend at Bolar Mountain last year proved how nice it was in the rain. Just ask Heidi and Jay!

Make that macho chicks, too... I'll be camping just like the guys. I love showing up a large macho man... without a doubt. Count on me to point & laugh @ the cabin puss...
And I am perfectly ok with that!

As far as tent goes, I spent the cash for a Redverz. Best tent I have ever owned. The wet weekend at Bolar Mountain last year proved how nice it was in the rain.
You know what's even better in the rain.......... A CABIN!!

I still remember following you back to the campground that night after the restaurant and it was storming like a mofo. Could barely see the road. All I was thinking watching you guys futz with your tents in the rain when we got back was how glad I was to have that cabin to jump into and put on some dry clothes. Call me a puss, but I was a happy puss that night
bleh.gif
!

Seriously Will, the redverz is like a cabin. Yeah that rain was crazy! I thought the bridge was rough or a tire went down due to vibration going across the bridge, but it was Janet shivering!

I still remember following you back to the campground that night after the restaurant and it was storming like a mofo. Could barely see the road. All I was thinking watching you guys futz with your tents in the rain when we got back was how glad I was to have that cabin to jump into and put on some dry clothes. Call me a puss, but I was a happy puss that night
bleh.gif
!
That was indeed an epic storm! Nothing like running like a pack of wolves through a very narrow valley with sheets of rain, lightning striking all around us. :D

Cough cough, I had a cabin that time too, lol. Not since though...

bleh.gif
!
That was indeed an epic storm! Nothing like running like a pack of wolves through a very narrow valley with sheets of rain, lightning striking all around us.
biggrin.png

...and I made the bad decission to NOT put my rain gear on when we left the restaurant.
weirdsmiley.gif

bleh.gif
!
That was indeed an epic storm! Nothing like running like a pack of wolves through a very narrow valley with sheets of rain, lightning striking all around us.
biggrin.png

...and I made the bad decission to NOT put my rain gear on when we left the restaurant.
weirdsmiley.gif
Aaaah.................. good times. Good times, indeed!

bleh.gif
!
biggrin.png

weirdsmiley.gif
But did you have a dry cigar when you got back to the campground?

bleh.gif
!
biggrin.png

weirdsmiley.gif
But did you have a dry cigar when you got back to the campground?
Hell yes I did.