2014 Appalachian Campout

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the looks of some of those (foggy) pics, you guys need to puff a lil less on those cigars!
Thanks for sharing, great scenery in most shots
smile.png
They are called The Smoky Mountains for a reason...just a little different than the fog coming off of Seneca Lake
lol, and with -6F here this AM Joe, old Seneca is puffing.

So, as the weather is starting to warm (its actually going to hit 40 today), I'm starting to look at travel plans. I just got a kitchen pass approving me for a trip this spring and wanting to see if BRMC is one of the options or not. I'd like to make the SEO ramble but we have a big VB tourney that same weekend which I'd rather not miss. But if this doesn't materialize I may have to rethink.

Is this still alive or did it die on the vine?

Calm down everyone! I was out of town for 6 days. This is still on and I am leaning towards BRMC. (Sorry Robert)

Interested in this. Subscribed to future updates.
You should be. Back in '10 after I got my FJR, this was my first real substantial MC trip and I didn't know a soul. Even though I was a cabin pussy( that came with an appropriate amount of shit) this has always remained my favorite outing.

Can we officially say this is going to be at BRMC and on the weekend of 5/31-6/1? With the winter PMS and not being able to take a trip all last year, this is all I seem to think about. The other reason I ask is that they start taking reservations in March and I want to reserve my luxurious, no power, 2 bed cabin you see below right away.

P5150019.jpg

For any other potential cabin pussies, the price is 45/night, minimum 2 nights on weekends. At only $30 over camping per night and not have to lug all the camping gear along it's a no-brainer, but thats just me!

I am going to call the campground this week and verify there is nothing else going on that weekend. The last weekend in May is definite. BRMC is almost definite pending contact with them. They will need to know ahead of time for food service too, so as we get closer I will need a head count for those that intend to use it.

edited to add- weekdays they need group reservations for breakfast. Below is the verbiage on food service from their website:

Kitchen Hours
Coffee Served 6:30 a.m. Weekdays in Lodge
Coffee Served 7:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday under Pavilion
Breakfast Weekdays for Group Reservations under Pavilion
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday - 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. under Pavilion

Dinner Tuesday through Thursday for Group Reservations under Pavilion
Dinner Friday and Saturday - 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. under Pavilion
Kitchen Closed Sunday Night

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to call the campground this week and verify there is nothing else going on that weekend. The last weekend in March is definite. BRMC is almost definite pending contact with them. They will need to know ahead of time for food service too, so as we get closer I will need a head count for those that intend to use it.
edited to add- weekdays they need group reservations for breakfast. Below is the verbiage on food service from their website:

Kitchen Hours

I suspect that you meant "last weekend in May".

I plan to take part in the food...tis good stuff! :D

I am going to call the campground this week and verify there is nothing else going on that weekend. The last weekend in March is definite. BRMC is almost definite pending contact with them. They will need to know ahead of time for food service too, so as we get closer I will need a head count for those that intend to use it.

Kitchen Hours

I suspect that you meant "last weekend in May".

I plan to take part in the food...tis good stuff!
biggrin.png
Um, yeah. I fixed it. Thanks!
headbonk.gif

Can we officially say this is going to be at BRMC and on the weekend of 5/31-6/1? With the winter PMS and not being able to take a trip all last year, this is all I seem to think about. The other reason I ask is that they start taking reservations in March and I want to reserve my luxurious, no power, 2 bed cabin you see below right away.
P5150019.jpg

For any other potential cabin pussies, the price is 45/night, minimum 2 nights on weekends. At only $30 over camping per night and not have to lug all the camping gear along it's a no-brainer, but thats just me!
Ooh, I like it... a picnic table.... a place to sit as I point & laugh.

Last edited by a moderator: