Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up here in Salmon to low clouds and rain. Weather guy is saying it's going to be an active day for rain, wind and potentially hail. I will depart for Ely within a couple of hours. Looks like it will be a cool, wet ride to SWFOG, and a toasty, dry ride back home!!

Pastry Pub- ... Irish pub that doesn't serve alcohol,
Wait, ..................WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stocked up on beer in Flagstaff tonight cause I like to be prepared.
That's a sign of intelligence.
punk.gif

Well, we have only lost about 7 riders this year, there are usually more than that. I know of at least two not listed on the list; Jennifer Rose will be there on Thursday and Adam's buddy Craig will show up with Adam on Friday.

Must remember to grab some AZ beer before leaving. Will be pulling out early in the morning, scooter all gased up, pretty flower in the vase zip-tied to the handlebar, picture of AJ in my wallet doing what he does best, clowning around, in case any LEO pulls me over for moving too slow. Looking forward to seeing my old friend that serves & protects my old neighborhood in Albuquerque (I think he owes me a beer)

Reno9114_L.jpg

Sadly, I'm out. I had hoped to have the weekend off, but my company forced a block of work days on me for the weekend. I tried multiple ways to get out of it, but nothing worked. I've been an FJR owner for 4 years, and I've never been to an FJR forum gathering...I was hoping to make this one since it looks like a large turnout and it isn't too far from home. Oh well...maybe next year.

As a SW-FOG FNG, I know I was expected to bring beer. My plan was a V46 and one sidecase full of beer from SoCal, but that will also have to wait until next year. Sometimes work just sucks.

I'm tucked into my hotel room and Tehachapi after about 300 miles of slab in 90+ degtee weather and realizing that my cooling vest was safe and sound... back home in my garage... doh!! Off to Ivins tomorrow to visit friends. Will arrive on Cedar City on Friday morning to join in on one of the rides. See you all soon!!

Cooley, Dr. Bob & myself are in Fallon, NV for the night after a 1700 mile diversion through the AWESOME roads of California. We will be in CC by tomorrow evening. Got my ride-in done with Seth this morning and couldn't be happier with the new saddle!
smile.png
punk.gif

I'm at the El Ray having a cold one getting a head start on everyone. I'll be going for a short ride tomorrow and will be back at the El Ray waiting for all the stranglers to start showing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at the El Ray having a cold one getting a head start on everyone. I'll be going for a short ride tomorrow and will be back at the El Ray waiting for all the stranglers to start showing up.
What time are you planning on heading out?

If you want some company let me know.

I woke up this morning and am already here.

I pm'd you my cell # earlier.

John

We who ever picked the El Ray did it right! The place is nice and newly remodeled. The pool looks inviting and I may be tempted to bare some white North Dakota skin. Shield your eyes!

Festar,erixun and I rendevouzed in Torrey UT last night, 870 miles Spearfish to Torrey in absolutely suck ass weather the second half of the journey. Rain gear o. In Rock Springs WY and wet from there on.

Today we rode the Fish Lake loop, then south on UT 12 to Bryce, North on UT 22 to Antimony, West to 89, South to 143 and west to Cedar City arriving at 1600. A short 370 mile run today.

Ready for a North Rim sojourn tomorrow, meeting Tyler at 0900 in Fredonia UT