Reuben Run #8

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm... There always must the first time. Even if it is the #8 run.
You better hurry up. #10 could be the end of the line.
smile.png

Plan on a few extra days Craig, just so much to ride. I love this event I just plan wear myself out! So many good rides and so little time.

In... I will be tying this into a run to Vancouver Island, either going north or coming south, back to San Diego. I might have some 'SoCal Amigo's' with me. Thanks Ray! Looking forward to seeing all you folks...... it's been awhile.

Plan on a few extra days Craig, just so much to ride. I love this event I just plan wear myself out! So many good rides and so little time.
So true, Panman. I'm taking 9 work days to cover RR and YFO, total of 13 for the trip(s). My boss looked at me a bit sideways before approving the request, but it IS approved!

I'll be leaning on the collective mind to help me find routes to occupy my time between the two rallies. I'm sure the toughest part will be winnowing down the choices. PCH has been on my must-ride list forever, so there's that.

So true, Panman. I'm taking 9 work days to cover RR and YFO, total of 13 for the trip(s). My boss looked at me a bit sideways before approving the request, but it IS approved!

I'll be leaning on the collective mind to help me find routes to occupy my time between the two rallies. I'm sure the toughest part will be winnowing down the choices. PCH has been on my must-ride list forever, so there's that.
PCH is good fun. leave Lapine going west and turn left when you get to the ocean. ride the coast until you smell the bay area and turn left again. go over the mountains and there you are.
smile.png
smile.png

In... I will be tying this into a run to Vancouver Island, either going north or coming south, back to San Diego. I might have some 'SoCal Amigo's' with me. Thanks Ray! Looking forward to seeing all you folks...... it's been awhile.
Well, I live on Vancouver Island and will be making my annual migration south and attending the Reubun Run (my first), leaving on the 3rd, if you want a riding partner. I'm at sea for two weeks up to the 2nd else I'd leave sooner.

I suppose if you or your SoCal amigos need a bed or a garage while on the island, my house and three beds will be empty...just leave the beer you bring but don't drink ;)

A quick note, for the last two years I have brought Curt Dorn of Bend whom has led our group ride the last two years and has been my wingman (Bartender) at the Friday night parking lot BBQ.

A couple of months ago Curt had a lump on his throat and went to the doctor, it seems a case of the big C came for a campout. Curt has undergone extensive chemo and radiation and towards the end of it took a slight endo and ended up in the hospital for about three weeks, he has now been home for about three weeks and is doing OK but the treatment really took it out of him. Of primary concern is he lost the ability to lift his left leg but we are working on that. If you going to be in Bend area he appreciates visitors and will usually have a cold one in the fridge for ya, stop in and trade stories. Or you can take my lawn mowing duties for the week
no.gif
Hoping to have him back this year for at bare minimum bartending duties and hopefully a ride.

Hope to see him doing his job at the RR in Sept.
smile.png
He is one that adds a lot to the party and serves a mean drink.
punk.gif

Just reserved a single for Fri & Sat nites! Oh gee, I better get a bike for the ride too.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator: