CFR 2016 When, Where, Why & Who?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I let BeemerDons post first is that considered a thread highjack?I still like the idea of Calabogie or somewhere close by (Pembroke / Renfrew) but I just realized my original idea of September won't work because of EOM and other events that will take up my time. I still want to stay away from cottage vacation traffic so maybe June before all the schools are out.

If anyone makes a peep about Manitoba then someone else will have to take over because I'll be on my way to Phoenix to kneecap someone.
Good on ya for choosing a location. I was going to say the Sept timing would likely cause it to be the first CFR I'd miss since 2009, but June... Now you're talking my language, and traditional CFR timing, again! :yahoo:

Now I'll read the rest of this thread...

CFR 2016 could be held in Puerto Vallarta-Nayarit MEX, I know of a LARGE Beach House on a private cove that would sleep two dozen eh!
I'm in!

Tentative Date & Location for 2016 CFR:
Friday, June 10th to Saturday June 11th, 2016 (arrive on the evening of Thursday June 9th - depart Sunday, June 12th)

Pembroke, Ontario - accommodations TBA.

This info will at least let you start vacation planning.
Hmmm... That's pretty early in June, but I guess with no mountain passes between here and there I shouldn't run into too much snow.

What better way to start off the season than a couple of ButtBurners, eh? Only 1-1/2 hrs from Ottawa... maybe I'll check it out while there next week.

OK. I'm in -- tentatively. June 10/11, Pembroke, ON. Should be able to tag Atlanta, DE, and Atlanta, NY, on the way.

Got to do a few things to ensure I can get back into the US, but those topics are not for discussion here.
sleep.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a complete Noob, what goes on at these things. Sounds like fun, and I am contemplating going there from Victoria BC. Being a true Canuk, I'll even bring some brewskies from the land of the micro brewers.. as long as I don't have to share my snowmobile...

Being a complete Noob, what goes on at these things. Sounds like fun, and I am contemplating going there from Victoria BC. Being a true Canuk, I'll even bring some brewskies from the land of the micro brewers.. as long as I don't have to share my snowmobile...
Welcome Coup. let the dog and pony show begin!!!!

CFR 2016 could be held in Puerto Vallarta-Nayarit MEX, I know of a LARGE Beach House on a private cove that would sleep two dozen eh!
I'm in!
Tentative Date & Location for 2016 CFR:

Friday, June 10th to Saturday June 11th, 2016 (arrive on the evening of Thursday June 9th - depart Sunday, June 12th)

Pembroke, Ontario - accommodations TBA.

This info will at least let you start vacation planning.
Hmmm... That's pretty early in June, but I guess with no mountain passes between here and there I shouldn't run into too much snow.What better way to start off the season than a couple of ButtBurners, eh? Only 1-1/2 hrs from Ottawa... maybe I'll check it out while there next week.
Billy is in a date deliberation. So, it could be awhile.

This CFR date may alter the (possible) planning of NERDS '16. Hence the waiting on 'this" date outcome.

Personally, I can't wait for another Kanucky rendezvous! :)

Top_Speed1: KJ, Billy Fitz told me it would be two weekends before Big John's Red Lodge Gathering next June. yamafitter told me on the phone, in an email and at my room at EOM: However, he was drinking Forty Creek Whisky on all three occasions eh! JSNS, eh!

Top_Speed1: KJ, Billy Fitz told me it would be the weekend before Big John's Red Lodge Gathering next June. yamafitter told me on the phone, in an email and at my room at EOM: However, he was drinking Forty Creek Whisky on all three occasions eh! JSNS, eh!
Totally understand (now). TY!

KJ, ! went back and double checked the email that Hosehead sent me! He did say the word "tentatively" in the message I got, he also misspelled tire and color eh!

CFR according to a drunken Billy Fitz: June 10-12 of 2016 and at Pembroke, Ontario Canuckistan!

Big John's Bash at Red Lodge, MT is June 23-26, gives us time to explore Magnificent Manitoba eh!

KJ, ! went back and double checked the email that Hosehead sent me! He did say the word "tentatively" in the message I got, he also misspelled tire and color eh!

CFR according to a drunken Billy Fitz: June 10-12 of 2016 and at Pembroke, Ontario Canuckistan!

Big John's Bash at Red Lodge, MT is June 23-26, gives us time to explore Magnificent Manitoba eh!
I prob will pass on Red Lodge since i was just there this past July. Awesome town and riding area, a def must if I wasn't already there. So... maybe if the Black Flies aren't too bad, I'll whip up to Cape Britain and do the Cabot Trail, then maybe Newfy during that weekend of Big Johns RL.

Got all winter to ponder I guess :)

Only 1-1/2 hrs from Ottawa... maybe I'll check it out while there next week.
Hey, I'd be happy to give you a tour of Ottawa while your here!
Be afraid............be very afraid. You'll never make it out of Ottawa alive and will spend the rest of your life going around downtown in circles touring shopping mall parking lots and apartment buildings underground parking if Bungie is leading. You don't have to believe me, just ask Bust.

Oops, Bungie started talking about leading a ride in Ottawa and I started to twitch and hit the wrong button.

Hey, it was Jeff that took charge and promptly led everybody into an underground parking garage.

Otherwise, all true. Hey, you got what you paid for :D

Pembroke is only 1,332 km to Radisson ................................................... There and back would be a fun BBG ride.

Might be a neat side trip.

Canadian FJR

Pembroke is only 1,332 km to Radisson ................................................... There and back would be a fun BBG ride.
Might be a neat side trip.

You might be onto something there Scott...

Canadian FJR

Breakfast at the Irving in Pembroke is almost a right of passage. mmmmmmmmmm good memories.