Official SW-FOG 2015 Announcement: 5/28-31, THU-SUN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting excited about this myself. Got one of my two new shoes on and ready to go otherwise. Now I just have to get ahold of Seth to make sure he's gonna be ready for my ride in the Wed. before. Hope he's getting caught up after all the bad press lately. Looking forward to meeting all you new folks. (Well actually, I'm the new guy). You guys going cross-country, be safe and have fun getting there.
So you are going from Phoenix to Redding to get to Cedar City? Nice.
Yup. Can't beat a nice northern Cali detour on the way.
punk.gif

BTW, can anyone tell me if Monitor pass is already open or will be open by next weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the passes have been open for quite some time with the drought and no snow in the high country. We do have some weather coming in tonight through early sat. Chances are it will be open by the time you get here unless we get some weather just before your visit.

If you are riding up 395 the gate to close the pass is a 1/4 mile from 395 so you won't have far to ride in to find out. My bet is it will be open.

1.BeemerDonS - there or not.
2.Lidja
3.LCB
4.Back Road Bob
5.TheZsdad
6.Big D. and Mrs. Big D
7.bigjohnsd and Festar
8.Spud
9.R Price
10.stealth1
12.GalaxyBlue
13.FJROB
14.Fly Bye
15.griff
16.Mr & the lovely Mrs. Bug
17.Intech and Spanky
18.Thingfish - Paul
19.BwanaDik and Bambi
20.Bunco in the activities room
21.Mohawk
22.Old Michael
23.Smokeball
24.Morecowbell
25.Jim aka ZOOOMM AGAIN
26.Chris M.
27.TANGO SIERRA
28.AZgman
29.Cooleyman - Dave
30.McRider007
31.weluvbikn - Phil and Charlene
32.erixun
33.zzzzip- Skip
34.Zbear
35.Mudslide Miller
36.Tyler
37.NMRoad Runner
39.Geezer
40.Abercrombie FJR and Deb
41.blufjr - Ken
42.Gordie Thomas
43.James
44.Bob Flanders
45.KiloWatts
46.twisted cricket
47.Dashbaw
48.Yatzee426
49.FJRAY and Mrs
50.Silver Streak-El Ray
51.Randy
52.petey
53.John Y. and Isa
54.gregory
55.0Face-Marty
56.HelzBelz
57.HotRodZilla

Is anyone looking for a non-smoking roommate? I haven't booked a room yet and if it will save some $$ to share, let me know...

Is anyone looking for a non-smoking roommate? I haven't booked a room yet and if it will save some $$ to share, let me know...
Wow, as the crow flies on the interstate it's 2,300 miles one way from Delaware. What's your route and do you get to play on the way over to Utah?

Less than 2 weeks to go!

For those traveling to Utah, The UDOT traffic app is free and gives all sorts of road and weather info for the entire state. It also lets you see the feed from the traffic cams.

If you like to see snow, check out the cams on Hwy 14 20 miles east of Cedar today.

Don't worry, it will all be melted by the time you get here.

Hopefully we are getting all our stormy weather out of the way this week.

Wow, as the crow flies on the interstate it's 2,300 miles one way from Delaware. What's your route and do you get to play on the way over to Utah?
I'm trailering to a friend's in NM, stopping to rest for a few hours as needed along the way. That get's the boring stuff out of the way so I have more time to play out west. I'll be meeting up with HRZ and his band of hooligans for the ride to Cedar City. After SWFOG, I'll have some time to ride before heading east so I may visit some friends in CA before returning to NM and trailering back to DE.

I'm trailering to a friend's in NM, stopping to rest for a few hours as needed along the way. That get's the boring stuff out of the way so I have more time to play out west. I'll be meeting up with HRZ and his band of hooligans for the ride to Cedar City. After SWFOG, I'll have some time to ride before heading east so I may visit some friends in CA before returning to NM and trailering back to DE.
Well that is cool Lisa!I didn't know that! That will make 5 bikes. Of course, I am not going to Cedar City until Friday. We will be stopping in Kanab Thursday. We are launching a week from today! Going to get some BRP in on the first two days out..

BRP is way fun, 'specially in NC but keep your squinties peeled for the rangers. I'll be leaving from work 1 week from today too - can't wait to see y'all again!

Be safe in your travels...

What's BRP?
mda.gif

Ahh,,,ha, finally a road I have been on before you Tyler. (She's been almost everywhere man) I had the pleasure of riding the southern end from Maggie Valley last year. Throw the bike in mellow, watch the clouds and look out for Mr. Ranger with the radar detector.

We'll be looking for your custom paint job.
Well that is cool Lisa!I didn't know that! That will make 5 bikes. Of course, I am not going to Cedar City until Friday. We will be stopping in Kanab Thursday. We are launching a week from today! Going to get some BRP in on the first two days out..

I hope you don't get passed by Harley's....again
bleh.gif

I'm leaving North Central Illinois on Thur May 21 and going to Harrison Arkansas to ride the Ozarks Fri & Sat. Sunday I'm riding west on I-40 and stopping for the night in Groom, Texas. Memorial Day I'm going from Groom to Silver City, New Mexico. Tuesday 5/26 I head over to US-191 at Three Way and head north to Springerville, US-60 over to Show Low and then down to Globe before swinging west to Scottsdale. I'm staying in Scottsdale for two nights before heading up to Cedar City on Thursday. Anyone from the Phoenix area going up to Cedar City on Thursday that will let me tag along? If anyone wants to ride with me on any parts of my ride, contact me.

I'm working a half day on Wednesday, 5/27, and then skeedaddling out of town... will stay in the fascinating town of Tehachapi that evening. Thursday I'll head for UT and may stay with friends (if their house doesn't sell) or just head straight for Cedar City. Looking forward to seeing known accomplices and maybe adding a few more to the mix.... :D

I'm working a half day on Wednesday, 5/27, and then skeedaddling out of town... will stay in the fascinating town of Tehachapi that evening. Thursday I'll head for UT and may stay with friends (if their house doesn't sell) or just head straight for Cedar City. Looking forward to seeing known accomplices and maybe adding a few more to the mix....
biggrin.png
Tehachapi, that is a town I completely forgot about until now. I stayed there once when my brother and I rode our motorcycles to Ft Hunter Liggett for some Army training back in the day. I was on a FZR, damn near killed me. Not sure why my brother picked that place to stop, he was the navigator on that one.

Thingfish and I are out. The RV we were using had some trouble and we returned home.

We'll plan on attending next year.