Cycle World Motorcycle Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be flying in to Sea-Tac on Friday, Dec. 10th, arriving around 8:50 p.m. Any chance someone might be able to provide taxi service from the airport to hotel (Best Western Pioneer Square)? I'll buy ya a beer (or beverage of your choice)... :D

Talk to me boyz n gurlz. -

Any chance of a central Kali FJR peep sneaking up across the Sis'willKillYou mountain range that time of year?

Or is it just stupid chance?

Do it, Carver. And holler if you need a place to crash.

Early Dec is a bit uncertain: it either snows by late Nov. and I'd avoid it, or it doesn't snow until right before Xmas, and you're welcome to come on over. Either way, if you get stuck up here and it snows in the passes, you could either take 101, or head east to 97 and come down via Bend/Klamath Falls. Unless it seriously dumps snow....

I'd guess that you'll be good to go Don. Keep an eye on the weather, and your best bet to make the passes would be to slab it on I-5 and follow the plows...remember don't pass them on the right! :lol: If there is that freak storm, the coast would be an alternate, slower and warmer route back home.

I've got room for you to crash too...but I do live at slight elevation and it could look like this on bike show morning...

DSCN1044.jpg

Hope you can make the trip!

--G

+1

If the same as the past two years and there is snow on the passes, I will be hitch hiking and hoping juniorfjr feels sorry enough to give me a ride. :)

Ya, but who is picking Tyler up at Sea-Tac?

I don't get into town 'til much later......... :(

We have goodies from:

Adventure Motorsports/Monroe www.adventuremotorsports.net

Black Ranch Inc. www.endoftheworld.com

Cycle Barn Lynnwood/Smokey Point www.cyclebarn.com

Lynnwood Motoplex www.motoplex.net

Panman Productions/Stanwood

Ride Motosports/Woodinville www.ridemotorsports.com

Ride West BMW/Seattle www.ridewest.com

Seattle Cycle Center www.seattlecycle.com

WyPro Machine Kick Stand Pad https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=125329&st=0

:yahoo: :lol: :clapping: :clapping: :lol: :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok then, I'm going to start the planning process -

..time off from work

..new K-nobby tires on Wabs (yes, if I show, it will be on TwoWheelNuts ride, Wabs! :yahoo:

(She can get through snow and ice much better than CrZy8.)

For some strange, dark reason,

(chocolate cream pie and Whiskey?)

I'd like to attend this one.

Of course, I can flake anytime, 'cause I'm the CBA prez and all! :p

Then again, see line 9 of this post.

I'm guessing that if 5 through the SisKillU's is closed, the other route is via the coast.

Warmer but slower.

Hmm, wonder if I'll have full heated gear by then?

Damn it all - off to WarmnSafe.com, LOL.

Hudson and others who have offered free lodging, I really appreciate it and just may take you up on it.

and one more random thought - even though I can find out for myself, how far away is this gig from Salem? Just wondering if I can sweep by Pops place too..? :)

..Edited - I wonder if Highlander would be interested too - another 650 rider? :D

Good start, now make it happen!

Well, what you waiting for?

...and one more random thought - even though I can find out for myself, how far away is this gig from Salem?
186 miles according to Google maps...I can narrow it down closer with an address in Salem! ;)

You can do it Don...and don't worry we won't tell the CBA!

--G

Good start, now make it happen!

Well, what you waiting for?

...and one more random thought - even though I can find out for myself, how far away is this gig from Salem?
186 miles according to Google maps...I can narrow it down closer with an address in Salem! ;)

You can do it Don...and don't worry we won't tell the CBA!

--G
You crack me up!

I did not say how many days it would take to make this happen.. LOL

So, in true CBA style (enhanced by a Wabs ride) it would take 2 days there,

1 day to attend / explore

2 days back

ummm, 5 days.

Then again, it's NOT during the heaviest work load period..

hmmm

...so five days to make the round trip. Counting the weekend, you only need three days off work. :yahoo:

In my best Sean Connery voice-- It's impossible. But doable!

--G