Reuben Run 5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up peeps, if you plan of going to Crater Lake on Saturday, they are having Hiking and biking days on East Rim Drive from 7A to 6P, and will be closed to motorized traffic.
I can't cut and past from work, but if you want more info go to the Crater Lake Website.
So much for plan A. Thanks for the word.

Can somebody give me info on hwy 138 between Roseburg and LaPine? It actually comes into 97 a ways south of LaPine, but looks like a decent and maybe fun road, and I'll be near Roseburg Thursday night picking up a used Canyon Cage. Anybody able to recommend a better route into LaPine? Thanks.

Anyone need a roomate Th - Sat? I thought i had a reservation until i called today to check and they don't even have me in their computer system. This doesn't make sense since i have been to several RR's and had rooms in my name. I asked Sac Mike but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone need a roomate Th - Sat? I thought i had a reservation until i called today to check and they don't even have me in their computer system. This doesn't make sense since i have been to several RR's and had rooms in my name. I asked Sac Mike but haven't heard back yet.
I just called the hotel and they couldn't find my reservation at first, then she found it. She also said someone else had called earlier and that she'd need to call him back and let them know they do have a room. Probably you. :)

Made it to Portland for a few days with my Portland Rose. Great trip today from Helena MT to Portland via Lolo Pass. Rattlesnake pass and a whole lot of two lane road. <a href='https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=123db57d46681a5219&showInfo=yes&showHome=yes&hoursPast=24&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=10'>https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=123db57d46681a5219&showInfo=yes&showHome=yes&hoursPast=24&fillFactor=100&zoomLevel=10</a> is a link to where I've ridden on this adventure. When I left Spearfish on Monday it was gray, cool and threatening. I made it to Broadus MT before the rain started and the temperature dropped. Broadus MT to Helena was wet and in the low 40's. Damn cold! Today started in the high 40's and sunny, weather got even better as the day went on. Glad to be in Portland, 750 miles today in about 12 hours.

Edit: LEO report. I met a real nice Idaho Trooper just after crossing into Idaho from Montana on the Lolo Pass. He turned on his lights and gave me the slow it down signal. I waved back, hit the brakes until he was around the corner, and then I figured there can't be another one between here and Kooskia, there wasn't 😀

Heading South out of Lewiston on 129 I made the great climb up out of Asotin heading for the Rattlesnake pass. Why in he'll is that stretch across the wheat country posted at 55 mph? Anyhow about 10 miles from Asotin my RD chirped once and I backed down to about 60. No traffic in sight but I trusted my equipment, sure enough over the rise comes Mr. County Mountie running his instant on Radar very effectively. He pinged me but no harm, no foul. My charmed life continues.

Last edited by a moderator:
The weather from Weed Ca to La Pine was chilly today! Low 70's, high 60's.

I really don't know why I don't stop and get warm gear on.. :whistle:

You're welcome to the pull-out couch in my room if your reservation issues persist.

The weather from Weed Ca to La Pine was chilly today! Low 70's, high 60's.
I really don't know why I don't stop and get warm gear on..
whistle.gif
I'll bet the CBA president is whining this morning cause my thermometer shows a balmy 24 degrees. Welcome to the high desert.

They found my reservation for a double room. Crisis averted.

Now i have a room to share, if you don't snore that bad. PM me if you are interested.

roomate found. Thanks

They found my reservation for a double room. Crisis averted.
Now i have a room to share, if you don't snore that bad. PM me if you are interested.
Ya. A bunch of the rooms were under the name of some Ray guy?? This confused the front desk..... ;)

The weather from Weed Ca to La Pine was chilly today! Low 70's, high 60's. I really don't know why I don't stop and get warm gear on.. :whistle:
I'll bet the CBA president is whining this morning cause my thermometer shows a balmy 24 degrees. Welcome to the high desert.
Not me so much but KrZy8 barely started. She needs motor appendectomy. Off to Rays after breakfast at Harvest Depot!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dcarver" data-cid="1337702" data-time="1474006976"><p>

<span style='font-family: verdana, geneva, sans-serif'>About 8 bikes on Thursday.. and a nice fella on a Gixxer that we adopted. </span></p></blockquote>

I see you got out on a ride yesterday trying to get down there by 8:30 this morning hoping to tag along if anybody's going out