Reuben Run 7

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how many rooms are left but the room block will be released on Saturday the 1st. Don't be left sleeping in the parking lot or my front lawn.
punk.gif

Dang good thing I looked and called... apparently they could not find me or I failed initially to reserve.. Count me in for din din too!

Just left the hotel. There are two rooms left and those will be released on Saturday. See you hooligans in a couple weeks.
punk.gif

Of course. Work.

I will not be able to attend this year. Things keep getting in the way... I now work Friday and Sunday - Sorry - so there is now a King Size room that is available as it was just released.

Totally bummed...have one for me.

Ray - just keep the $ for the meal I purchased to help cover your costs and raffle off the shirt to someone that could make it and did not order one. Thanks, B

Of course. Work.
I will not be able to attend this year. Things keep getting in the way... I now work Friday and Sunday - Sorry - so there is now a King Size room that is available as it was just released.

Ray - just keep the $ for the meal I purchased to help cover your costs and raffle off the shirt to someone that could make it and did not order one. Thanks, B
Bummer. Was looking forward to meeting you!

Of course. Work.

I'll find some homeless bastard to eat your BBQ
punk.gif
rolleyes.gif
but send me your address and I'll mail your shirt to you after the run.

19 hours and 11 minutes until I leave for LaPine but who's counting. And, yes, there are some Pacific Northwet short cuts on the way there.
punk.gif
bike.gif
Does Idaho & Montana really count as short cuts? Can I go to ?
See ya soon big guy. Worked until 12AM but ready to rock. Ray, I'm sorry but the small, quiet Harley guy is coming with us.

19 hours and 11 minutes until I leave for LaPine but who's counting. And, yes, there are some Pacific Northwet short cuts on the way there.
punk.gif
bike.gif
Does Idaho & Montana really count as short cuts? Can I go to ?
See ya soon big guy. Worked until 12AM but ready to rock. Ray, I'm sorry but the small, quiet Harley guy is coming with us.
No worries, I have ear plugs and I'll make sure there is plenty of Crown Royal / Clown Oil at the liquor store.
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeping fingers crossed for smoke free Ray!

For those of you headed up I-5 to 97, be advised as of at this moment, it is closed just North of Redding due to the Delta fire.

Heavy truck traffic is using 299/89 as a work around.

Will keep you updated.

Please do, I've been keeping an eye on 5. As we are headed to Florence Wed. I'm thinking 20 to 101 north and up the coast on 1. Longer but hopefully not too many trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I 5 [IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA] NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA. [IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA] NO TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS ARE REPORTED FOR THIS AREA. [IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA] NORTHBOUND VEHICLES ARE BEING SCREENED 10 MI NORTH OF REDDING /AT FAWNDALE RD/ (SHASTA CO) - VEHICLES CARRYING WOOD, HAY OR MATERIALS REQUIRING FLAMMABLE PLACARDS WILL BE TURNED AROUND & DETOURED THROUGH BURNEY USING SR 299 & SR 89 NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC IS REDUCED TO 1 LANE FROM 24.2 MI NORTH OF REDDING TO3.9 MI SOUTH OF CASTELLA /AT FLUME CREEK/ (SHASTA CO) - DUE TO EMERGENCY REPAIRS SOUTHBOUND VEHICLES ARE BEING SCREENED 2 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF SR 89/AT MOTT RD/ (SISKIYOU CO) - VEHICLES CARRYING WOOD, HAY OR MATERIALS REQUIRING FLAMMABLE PLACARDS WILL BE TURNED AROUND & DETOURED THROUGH BURNEY USING SR 299 & SR 89 SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC IS REDUCED TO 1 LANE FROM 3.9 MI SOUTH OF CASTELLA /AT FLUME CREEK/ TO 29 MI NORTH OF REDDING (SHASTA CO) - DUE TO EMERGENCY REPAIRS NORTHBOUND TRAFFIC IS REDUCED TO 1 LANE FROM 2.5 MI NORTH OF DUNSMUIR TO0.4 MI NORTH OF MT SHASTA (SISKIYOU CO) FROM 0001 HRS TO 1800 HRS 7 DAYS A WEEKTHRU 11/15/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION

https://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/display.php?page=i5

Doug, I checked and 299 West has 4 construction zones.

Unless things change, I would go with the coast plan. Less smoke!

SR 299
[iN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 15.6 MI EAST OF
BLUE LAKE /AT CHEZEM RD/ TO 4.5 MI WEST OF THE JCT OF SR 96 (HUMBOLDT CO)
FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 9/14/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 8.6 MI WEST TO 8.2 MI WEST OF THE
JCT OF SR 96 (HUMBOLDT CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY
THRU 9/14/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM THE
HUMBOLDT/TRINITY CO LINE TO 3 MI WEST OF BURNT RANCH (TRINITY CO)
FROM 0600 HRS TO 1900 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 9/14/18 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION

1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC FROM 3.5 MI EAST TO 4 MI EAST OF BURNT RANCH
(TRINITY CO) FROM 0700 HRS TO 1700 HRS MONDAY THRU FRIDAY THRU 9/14/18 - DUE TO
CONSTRUCTION

Management sent this today

Good Morning,
Below is an update on the Delta wildfire as if 8:49 AM, Monday, September 10, 2018.

Notes:
Firefighters are utilizing an indirect strategy by working defensive strategies well ahead of the fire.
• Strategy is to tie southern Delta fire west of I-5 to the Carr Fire to reduce fuel load.
• Fire is very active to the northwest. Goal is to hold the fire at the east fork of the Trinity River.
• Highest priority is eliminated the threat to Dunsmuir and northern portion of the I-5 corridor.
• On the east side of I-5, the priority is to push the Delta Fire into the Hirz fire.
• IInterstate 5 is closed at the Fawndale exit, approximately 10 miles north of Redding. Lakehead residents with ID are allowed beyond this closure.
o Caltrain’s priority is to reopen I-5 but there are a lot of safety issues making repairs to the roadway and removing hazardous trees.
o The reopening of I-5 will most likely be in phases, i.e., one lane at a time.

No additional evacuations have been ordered. Dunsmuir remains under evacuation warning.

Delta Fire Incident Information:
Last Updated: September 10, 2018 8:49 am (CAL FIRE)
Date/Time Started: September 05, 2018 12:51 pm
Administrative Unit: California Interagency Incident Management Team 5 (CIIMT5)
County: Shasta County
Acres Burned - Containment: 47,110 acres – 5% Containment
Structures Destroyed 27 structures destroyed
14 homes destroyed.
13 outbuildings destroyed

Evacuations: Shasta County Evacuations: The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office has issued mandatory evacuations for residents along the I-5 corridor from exit 707 at Vollmers north to exit 714 at Gibson. Follow the Shasta County Sherriff’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/Shasta-County-Sheriffs-Office-1527637610823075/
Siskiyou County Evacuations: The Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office has issued an evacuation warning for all residents of Dunsmuir. Call the 24-Hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900 or the Dunsmuir Substation at (530) 235-2320 or 235-2232 with questions. Follow the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SiskiyouCountySheriff.
Trinity County Evacuations:
The Trinity County Sheriff’s Office has issued a mandatory evacuation notice for residents of East Fork Road to Ramshorn Road east to Shasta-Trinity County line. There will be a hard road closure at East Side and East Fork Road for non-residents.
There is an Evacuation Advisory only from the East Fork/East Side Road junction west to Highway 3 northward to Ramshorn Road.
Evacuation centers:
An evacuation shelter is located at Mercy Oaks, 100 Mercy Oaks Drive in Redding, California.

A second evacuation shelter is located at the National Guard Armory, 618 Everitt Memorial Hwy in Mount Shasta, California.

The Mount Shasta Humane Society is accepting small animals for evacuees using the evacuation shelter. The humane society is at 1208 North Mount Shasta Blvd PH: 530-340-3539.
ZIP CODES 96017, 96025, 96051, 96019
Road Closures: Link to current status of I-5:
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/photos/CASHF/2018-09-05-1738-Delta/related_files/pict20180808-205558-0.png